HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, February 07, 2005

 

Semi-Super

So for the first time in a few years, I watched the Super Bowl last night.

Ehhh.

It was an okay game. Not that exciting. McNabb had a few exciting passes, but his interceptions and general sackability failed to impress. The commercials? Bah. First off, if you truly watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, you're fucking pathetic. We're forced to see commercials 365 days of the year. Why the fuck would you get excited about it on this one day? (And yes, I realize that I just wrote a post about Super Bowl commercials, but it was fucking satirical.)

The main reason I watched the Super Bowl--and the main reason I was disappointed in it--was that my buddy was working one of the video screens during McCartney's half-time show. So (A) I don't really care to tune in to watch ten minutes of McCartney lip-synching his greatest hits. And (B) the FOX camera guys were so busy focusing on the thirteen year old girls screaming by the stage--girls who most likely wouldn't know the difference between Paul McCartney and Osama bin Laden, by the way--to get any good shots of the guys running the equipment. What the hell, FOX? You can't take a couple of seconds to acknowledge the guys doing the work? No! Because, look! the audience just held up those red, white and blue signs we gave them!

Don't get me wrong, I love McCartney. I think he's one of the greatest musicians in history, if you ignore the last twenty years, and if I was ever around him, I'd probably babble like an idiot and foul my boxers in awe. But if I'm going to watch someone lip-synching songs I've heard a million times, I want something spectacular going on at the same time. I want that person doing back-flips or flying over the crowd on an inflatable bong or ripping off someone's shirt to expose a bare boob.

I will say, the video screens looked cool. What we saw of them.

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.