HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, July 17, 2005

 

The Hairshirt Book Corner

Like all good muggles, I picked up my copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yesterday. I started reading yesterday afternoon and, god help me, I stayed up all night reading it. I just finished and I'm so excited that I just have to share some of the excitement with you. Here's a list of the surprises I found in this latest volume:
  • Peter "Wormtail" Pettigrew moves to the United States and becomes Deputy Chief of Staff to the President; goes slinking back to Voldemort when a scandal gets him fired.
  • Mr. Weasly dies.
  • Harry loses his virginity in a three-way with Cho and Ginny.
  • Snape dies.
  • Ron comes out, announces that he and Seamus are a couple.
  • Professor McGonagall dies.
  • Hermione finds Christ and renounces magic; sends frequent letters to Ron and Harry, imploring them to "leave this Path of wickidness and Embrace the Savior."
  • Hagrid dies.
  • Fred and George are arrested and charged with terrorist activities when one of their exploding candies injures five people in Trafalgar square.
  • Professor Lupin dies.
  • Mad-Eye Moody gets contacts.
  • Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia die.
  • Voldemort challenges Harry to a magical hot dog eating contest.
  • Dumbledore, Flitwick, Sprout, Trelawney, Filch, Cornelius Fudge and Madame Rosmerta die.
  • At page 457, J.K. Rowling gives up and just starts typing "Blah di blah di blah" over and over and over for the next 195 pages.
All in all, a great read!

Comments:
I haven't read more than the first two Harry Potter books. Maybe I should read number three to six, well not in one night. I have read in the "Süddeutsche Zeitung" today, that number six is mainly to prepare the reader for the final adventure. The front is set. The battle can and must start. Might against might, man against man, bastard against bastard. Harry Potter will, and that is clear, win in this fight in some way, how big his sacrifice will be and how strong the aristocracy of the wizards will be destroyed. The author will not expect the whole tragedy of the audience, that is applied in this redeemer figure.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.