HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, July 23, 2005

 

Still Crazy After All This Year

It's my one-year blogiversary!

I looked it up and, according to Ms. Manners, the one-year blogiversary is the "paper blogiversary, which means anything you want to buy me should have a "paper" theme. This would include checks and lucrative writing contracts.

So, how have I grown and matured in this last year? How much progress have I made toward the realization of my goals? How have I made the world a better place? Answers: I haven't; fucking none and in no way whatsoever.

In fact, the only thing I think this blog has done is to give people a greater appreciation for the comedic stylings of Sinbad, through my weekly "Sinbad as He Wants to Be" segment. You go, Sinbad.

I want to thank both of my readers for their support over the last year. I would also ask that one of them--I won't say which--stop sending me naked pictures, as I'm just not interested.

I won't go into any deep mushy thing about how much I love my wife--although I do--because you've heard it all before. I will, though, give her credit for my starting this in the first place. She did this mostly by pointing out that I couldn't truly call myself a writer if my only justification was that I sat around the house in a smoking jacket and a beret. (This still seems like writerly behavior to me.)

What does the next year hold for Hairshirt? Glad I asked.
  • In August, I will be writing an investigative series that should blow the lid off of the edible underwear industry. This series, which I've tentatively titled "Deadly Crotches" is a pretty good bet to win me my first Pulitzer. (Or Pyulitzer, depending on whom you ask. )
  • Assuming all goes well with my scheduled trip to Afghanistan, September will see the publication of my interview with Osama Bin Laden. I'm going to try to get beyond the "Master of Evil" image we've all come to accept and try to find the frightened little boy within. I hope to get him to talk for the first time about his battle with bed-wetting.
  • October will mark the one-year anniversary of the Hairshirt Horoscopes. I'm planning a special Anniversary Edition in which everyone gets exactly what they want so they stop fucking bitching at me.
  • For Thanksgiving in November, I'll be writing a minute-by-minute account of what it's like to go the entire length of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade riding in a sousaphone.
  • December is, of course, Christmas time. And I'll be celebrating the season by serializing my adaptation of Dickens' A Christmas Carol in which I transplant the action to a marijuana farm in Jamaica. I think A Rasta Carol will take holiday stories to a whole new level.
  • January through March, I won't be updating Hairshirt, as I'm going to be hibernating with a sloth of black bears in the Canadian wilderness, an experience I will be writing about in April.
  • I'll be teaming with the magic-tastic David Blaine next May for an endurance challenge, about which I'll be blogging daily. The two of us are going to spend three weeks lodged between the rolls of a sumo wrestler's fat. Should make for riveting reading.
  • Finally, next June, I will at last be writing the full story of my secret affair with Katie Holmes and all about how she converted to Agnosticism before she converted to Scientology.
It should be an exciting year. I hope you'll stick with me through it. Thanks for reading.

Comments:
Thanks for writing.

Happy Blogiversary!
 
Congratulations! If you cease to blog, the terrorists have already won.
 
Well Joe, congratulations first. I like to read your blog very much. I'm still at the beginning, but I'm looking forward to my first anniversary already. I had the 500th visitor at my page these days, well after I started the counter some day. I promise to visit you further on (and on, and on.......) Konrad
 
You're just hilarious. Love reading you. Happy Blogiversary!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.