HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

Plug

All right, so tonight I have to write a Theater Arts test for my seventh graders, wash smears of cat crap off of my dog, bake a pecan pie, fix dinner and be at a rehearsal for my show by seven thirty. Which leaves me practically no time to write anything.

This is why I'm taking this opportunity to plug the above-mentioned show. In case you missed the last time I talked about this, let me bring you up to speed: I have a play (if you can call it that) opening in both Seattle and New York early next month. It's a satirical look at Christmas-themed plays and it brings the funny in a big, big way.

The Seattle production, being put on by my good friends at Open Circle Theater, opens in a little less than a week. They're calling it 'Twas a Night of Shitty Theater. The director is a good friend of mine, as are many of the very, very funny people in the cast. If you happen to live in the Seattle area (or, to be honest, anywhere on the West Coast), you need to see this show. It will change your mind not only about the state of holiday theatrical events in our country, but also about the nature of the universe.

The New York production, directed by myself and featuring a slightly smaller, but just as phenomenal cast, is called A Shitty Christmas Carol and Other Pieces and we run from December 8th through the 17th, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. This show has been proven in laboratory experiments to cure depression, impotence and leprosy, so everyone on the East Coast needs to get here to see it. Really, the only people who have a geographical excuse not to see the show are people who live in Missouri.

So, to sum up: See my fucking show. And enjoy the holiday season.

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.