HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, December 31, 2005

 

"Happy" New Year (Quotes intended to imply irony)

Continuing my long-standing tradition of crap-tacular New Year's Eves, my wife and I are going to be ringing in 2006...at SeaTac Airport! Huzzah! When I think festive, I think Hudson News and Chili's Too. Some day, I will find myself on December 31st dressed in a tux and sipping champagne in an elegant ballroom, surrounded by glitterati. This year, I'll be sucking on a watery Diet Coke at Sbarro's.

In other How Fucking Lame Am I news, I got together last night with some of my bestest Seattle friends for some drinks at my favorite Capitol Hill bar...and left around 10, after having downed one pint of beer and two cranberry juices. Pathetic.

I want it on record that I have, in my life, stayed up all night blitzed out of my mind and unsure how I was going to get back home. I wasn't always like the beer-nursing sleep-getter I've become. Dammit.

All right, to hell with this wallowing. I'm gonna guzzle a glass of prune juice and sit on the toilet reading my copy of Modern Maturity.

Happy fucking New Year.

God, this holiday sucks.


Comments:
It could be worse, Gramps. You could live in a place warm enough for pudgy, drunk guys who don't take care about their feet to wear flip-flops.

Happy New Year!
 
zzzzzzz. zzzzzzzzzzz. zzzzzzzzzz.

Um. Was there a holiday? I didn't get the memo.
 
Hey Joe, I know what you mean! I blogged about something similar although, this year I think my husband and I broke the curse. We managed to get kicked off a golf course and go to a hockey game. Then I dragged my in-laws to Laser Quest and shot them in the back, repeatedly.

So it can get better!

You've got a whole year to plan!

M
 
hope y'all are safe and sound over there!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.