HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

Achoo

I've got a nasty, nasty cold today. It landed on me yesterday like a cougar on a jelly-covered hiker and it's been filling my head and chest with the creeping crud ever since. I've missed some days at work over the past few weeks and was loathe to call in sick today, so I just sucked it up and headed on in.

For most of the day, I've felt like someone packed my sinuses with sealing caulk and I've been coughing like Selma Diamond during her last few months on earth. It's not been pretty.

So I did something that I rarely do. I took some cold medicine. To be more specific, I took some Tylenol Cold Day-Time. I took it as soon as I got to work and it helped, which I found a little surprising, as cold meds have always been hit or miss with me. These two little tablets got me through the first six periods okay, but then the effectiveness started to wear out, at which time I figured I should go ahead and chug a couple more.

And with that second batch came the MEDICINE HEAD.

I don't know about you, but I fucking hate medicine head. I hate it more than I hate the cold symptoms I'm taking the medicine to relieve in the first place. It makes me feel like I'm high on a couple of hits of some really crappy ditch weed. It makes my synapses fire at the same rate as a the spark plugs of a '73 El Dorado that's been on blocks in the yard for five years. It makes it very hard for me to think.

So I'm riding the bus this afternoon and all of sudden it hits me: The entire Bush administration is on some powerful cold medicine. What else would explain how on God's green earth they think the public is going to buy the notion that warrantless wiretaps aren't against the law. Somebody needs to get the Bushies some homeopathic remedies that will clear the fog from their noggins and allow them to think.

Comments:
I really thought you may have thrown in some Canadian political views round this time.. but now that I think about it... why would anyone bother?

Voting should not be about choosing who one dislikes the least. Sigh.

That Girl
 
See, That Girl, I thought about saying something about the fact that Canadians chose a Conservative Prime Minister for the first time in--I think--thirteen years. But I know so very little about Canadian politics that I didn't want to sound retarded. Unlike how wise I sound writing about everything else.
 
The fact that you know Canada has a Prime Minister makes you sound more intelligent than most...

That Girl
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.