HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, January 29, 2006

 

Someone Needs a Nap

Saddam Hussein apparently threw a huge hissy fit in court this morning.

One of his co-defendants was booted for being a dick and then his whole defense team walked out in a huff and then, after the judge--who was not having this shit--assigned him a court-appointed lawyer, Saddam through a big ol' second-grade-style temper tantrum. From what I heard and read, he did everything except perhaps to throw his own poo at the judge.

What does it tell us about the kind of leader he was when he comports himself with such a complete lack of dignity. What a dick.

Now, I grant you, if I'd been deposed after decades of tyrannical rule and was before a court which was likely going to find me guilty of horrific crimes against my people and jail/execute/publicly castrate me, I'd probably not be in the most Bobby McFerrin of moods, either. But come on. He should at least be trying to maintain some kind of dignity. (Although, the whole "tighty whities" incident probably left him with a fairly low supply of that.)

Maybe Saddam has been without a conjugal visit since he's been on the inside. Perhaps if the Iraqi judicial system wants this trial to proceed a little smoother, they'd best let Saddam have some naughty time with the Mrs. Or at least treat him to a handjob or something.

On a more personal note, my wife's father very generously gave us (and shipped to us) his computer last week. It's about twenty thousand times more powerful than our old one, which was basically just an abacus with a power cord. The point is, we're in the process of figuring out how to transfer our data from our old computer to the new one, so there's the very real possibility that we'll be down for a few days. Given how both of my readers rely so heavily on this blog to tell them what to think, I just thought I'd throw out that little heads up. I feel like the astronauts in Apollo 13 about to go around the dark side of the moon. Hopefully, I'll see you on the other side.

Comments:
Ohhhh. New computers are so exciting.

Is there a reason I have to squint when I read your blogs now?

That Girl
 
Is that on everyone's computer? I thought it was just on our new one. Well, I guess I'll be making a font adjustment from here on out.
 
Thank you! The new ones are much easier to read.

That Girl
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.