HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

Star Fish

So I'm sittin' on the couch, watching Jeopardy, and a commercial comes on for Gorton's Fish Fillets. They show a shot of the Gorton's Fisherman and I had one of the strangest thoughts I've had in quite some kind. It went something like this: "Oh, that guy's got a nice beard. I wonder how long it took him to...Holy fuck! That's Jason of Star Command!"

A quick Google search later and a newspaper from Tennessee proved me right.

Now, I don't know how many people who read this watched a lot of CBS Saturday morning television in the late '70s, but there was a bad Battlestar Galatica/Star Trek rip-off called Jason of Star Command, about a young space pilot. It starred the guy from Blazing Saddles who got his feet kicked off the stage by Madeline Kahn during her "I'm Tired" number.

And he's old enough to play the grizzled Gorton's Fisherman.

World-shattering, no?

Comments:
I think he also had a brief stint as the New York Islanders logo.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.