HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Brains

I'm currently reading a book my wife recommended to me called Animals in Translation. It's by a woman named Temple Grandin, an expert in animal behavior who suffers from autism. Ms. Grandin looks at the behavior of domestic animals and how it's influenced by the hardwiring of their brains as predator animals or prey animals. It's really fascinating. She also compares animal brains to both normal-functioning human brains and the brains of people with autism, which she says shares a number of characteristics with animal brains.

It's amazing how often, when I'm reading this, I'll stumble on something that gives me insight into my own behaviors. Based on what I've read, I'm fairly certain that my brain is structurally similar to that of a deer tick.

Comments:
Aphid over here!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.