HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Stop Me Before I Blab Again

So I worked for about an hour, writing a post on the immigration problem, the nation-wide protests scheduled for Monday and "Nuestro Himno", the Spanish-language take on the National Anthem that's been stirring up controversy today.

Then I read what I'd written and I realized that I don't know a goddamn thing about the issue and should just keep my fucking mouth shut. There're a lot of things about which I know absolutely nothing. And I'm making a pledge right here to do my best to never attempt to deal with them in any faux-substantial way.

And so, I want you to know that I will never write posts dealing with...
  • Organic gardening
  • Macro-economics
  • Particle physics
  • The physiological workings of the menstrual cycle
  • Jai alai
  • How to fix a car
  • Success
  • Islam
  • Gangsta rap (except the impact it has on Junior High fashions)
  • American Idol
  • Cigars
  • Dostoevsky
  • Video games
  • The appeal of Jimmy Fallon
...and an infinite number of other issues about which I know less than a gnat's fart. I apologize for presuming, even for a moment, that anyone should want to hear my opinion on anything of substance.

Comments:
That's funny because I was just looking for information on organic lawn care.

You know what's going to happen. People will search on these topics and your blog will end up in the search results. They'll find nothing that they want. :-)
 
Dasss right, greengo. Min' you own beesness.

Seriously, it is an interesting topic, and as the product of an immigrant household, I have surprisingly less to offer than you do (I suppose because we came here 'legit'.

I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing an opinion on the matter, though I'd shy away from a dissertation without reviewing the matter further. My opinion? Borders are a man-made notion. Where you come out of the chute is so arbitrary that we should be able to go live wherever the f*ck we want... but that's just me.

And if I want to fix a car while listening to gangsta rap, smoking a blunt while homegirl be men-stratin'...
 
The upside of being able to write so well is that even when you don't know what you are talking about it sure sounds like you do:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.