HAIRSHIRT 

        Helping You Get the Most Out of Your Misery

 
.

 

 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, November 18, 2006

 

Buckeye-Come-Lately

I don't follow college football. Seriously, Bowl Games are right up there with Pigs in the Blanket among my long, long list of Why New Year's Sucks Ass as a Holiday.

I didn't go to Ohio State. I didn't almost go there. The idea of going there never really entered my head, even as a vague possibility.

Why, then, was I sitting on my couch this afternoon, screaming my lungs out (much to the shock and horror of my wife) as OSU played Michigan?

Some thoughts: I was born and raised in Ohio. So, even though it's not my alma mater, I guess I have some small right to identify with the university that bears my native state's name. OSU/Michigan is a classic rivalry, right up there with Burger King/McDonald's, Harding/Kerrigan or Courtney Love/Courtney Love. Who doesn't enjoy games where so much emotional importance is riding on the outcome? The fact that this was a once-in-a-lifetime match-up between those two teams as the Number 1/Number 2-ranked teams in the country made it that much cooler.

Let me make it clear: I'm not going to move to Columbus. I'm not going to pay for the Time-Warner Cable Ultimate College Football Package so I can watch Buckeye games no matter where they're playing. I'm not going to so much as buy an OSU t-shirt.

But I had a great time watching that game.

Comments:
It was a great game - even though I was going for the Blue. :D
 
You're dead to me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 

 
Links

 

 
           
     
    
.